The 2030 Climate Challenge is a global effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels. It requires international cooperation and ambitious action from governments, businesses, and individuals to transition to low-carbon, climate-resilient societies and economies. Key solutions include:
- Increasing the use of renewable energy sources
- Improving energy efficiency
- Decarbonizing transportation and industry
- Protecting and restoring forests and other carbon sinks
- Investing in climate adaptation and resilience measures.